Random Encounters of the Home Kind @ 10:26 pm
Current Mood: cheerful
Having brunch today I noticed a girl standing in the line outside who looked just like my friend Jolene Searles from...well...K-12. I went out and said hello, and of course it was Jolene. She lives here, now, apparrently. Craziness. So I guess that's another coffee date for the card. Fun fun. And with a gorgeous pair of blue eyes, which is never a bad thing. I'll leave this entry public so that maybe I can yet again make the top spot on a vanity search. I'm not on the first _page_ for my own name, last I checked, but what the hell.
Also this weekend:
Also this weekend:
- Kristin was in town, which rocked, as always.
- Neil's birthday was great, and we had izakaya style Japanese food. I may drag my parents to the same kind of deal for my birthday on Wednesday, because it ruled.
- Davey's birthday was much fun, we ate good cheese and watched River and Kaylee. Yum.
- Best. Hike. Evar. We went to the Black Diamond Mines, and I had lunch, as I had hoped, on top of a high ridgeline with a 360 view half of the east bay, and half of Jurassic fucking Park. And the weather reports predicted hail and rain, so of course we had a full day of gorgeous sunshine. ::sighs happily:: Klein's Deli is awesome. My friends are awesome. Nature? That's right! Also awesome!
- House hunting in Noe Valley. Cool places. Saw one I really liked, but I don't think I'll have my shit together before it goes off the market. S'okay. I'm confident other places will present themselves. Saw one other I liked nearly as much, but it was a bit above my target price and not as je ne sais qua. Had Klein's again. =)
- Dinner with "Sweenah!" at my favorite Ethiopian place, and then drinks at the pub down the block, where I ran into a cute co-worker who recommended an even better place I'll have to try some time.
So...yeah...really goddamn good weekend.